BR Graphic Novel Has Scenes/Lines Not In Film But In The Script

Started by lifesabitch, Mon, 23 Dec 2013, 07:19

Previous topic - Next topic
How are these graphic novels based on Bat-films made? It obviously was produced before the film was finished. Are they let in on footage beforehand? Story art? If there's lines that weren't in the film but in the script, does that mean those lines or scenes were filmed but cut? If you've read the BR graphic novel, you'll notice that the rooftop scene with Batman and Catwoman contains lines in the script but not in the final cut of the film. In the script, one of the drafts has the "Hello Here" sign scripted as "Selina Here" which then when broken says "Sin Here." I originally thought that maybe they changed it because it wasn't going to have to go through the comic code authority board, but then when I saw the script and saw that it was in there, I began wondering how much the novel writers are let in on before the final cut of the film is released. If they're just handed the script, it'd be impossible to draw the scenery accurately as shown in the film. They have to be handed or shown something. Maybe they're on set? Not all the scenery in the book is exact, but most of it is pretty spot on. It has a lot of extra scripted material and scenes not shown though.

i've never had a graphic novel but i know the book for batman and robin (only one i had) had a lot of things different from the movie. in this case, the movie was better than the book lol. but that is a great question. maybe ral can pull some strings to interview one of the novelists and get those answers for us. :)