superman lives: the tim burton version
4 (57.1%)
superman vs batman
0 (0%)
superman returns sequel
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sat, 20 Jul  2013, 05:02
I take it none of you are looking forward to the 'Christopher Nolan & Richard Donner: A Conversation' extra feature on the upcoming Dark Knight Ultimate Edition dvd/blu-ray... ;)

Kind of annoys me to be honest.  What were Burton and Schumacher?  Chopped liver?  ::)  That extra is a real slap in the face to the fans of the Burton films.  Seems we don't count...

A Burton/Nolan conversation would have perked my interest alot more than what we're ultimately getting.

The lack of commentaries is just disappointing, and it would have been nice to have seen that Bane 'Origin' deleted scene that's been talked about. *sigh*

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sun, 21 Jul  2013, 14:27
Quote from: riddler on Sun, 21 Jul  2013, 13:45
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sun, 21 Jul  2013, 01:33
Am I the only who is grateful that Superman Lives was never made? I honestly think it could have destroyed Burton's career as a director.

Is that due to the assumption it would have to be ultra dark and twisted? because that's not always the case such as big fish and planet of the apes. Though as Joel Schumacher proved, delivering a bomb on a big budget can kill a career.
On an OT note it's a pity that the failure of Batman & Robin destroyed Schumacher's career.  Give or take Tigerland and Phone Booth (both of which I like but neither of which came close to setting the box-office alight) Schumacher hasn't made anything of any note since 1997 and it seems his career is effectively over.  However, before Batman & Robin he was a pretty decent filmmaker with The Lost Boys, Flatliners, Falling Down, The Client, A Time to Kill and a personal, admittedly cheesy, favourite of mine, St. Elmo's Fire, all to his name along with the so-so but commercially huge Batman Forever.  His name doesn't really deserve to be a by-word for cinematic dreck but unfortunately, that seems to be his legacy.

Schumacher had a few decent ones shortly after Batman and Robin but his last 3 films have all been flops, his career as a hollywood director is in fact over. Back to music videos and TV.