The new TDK trailer

Started by Paul (ral), Sun, 4 May 2008, 13:20

Previous topic - Next topic
Reported here

As previously reported, fans at the scavenger hunt got to see the trailer in various locations.  Now the trailer is released online for all - and it looks glorious!

Go to http://www.whysoserious.com/happytrails and click on Download Now

Now fans who waited online for hours to see the trailer on Monday 28th April can be rewarded.
It can also be downloaded here:

I.E. Users: Right click link and select: "Save Target As..."
Firefox Users: Right click link and select: "Save Link As..."

download: Best Quality
download: High Quality
download: Medium Quality

What did everyone think of it, now that we can see it in hi-def?

I have to admit the Joker looks great in most of it.

Spoiler (highlight to read)
From the little we saw of Two-faces makeup - it looks good.  What's with the Joker throwing Rachel off the top of the building? ;D

I think it looks okay.  I enjoyed Batman Begins, and I think this one will be interesting also.  My big problem with the Nolan films is that they tend to have (to quote friend) "dialogue as subtle as a jack hammer."  Sadly, it looks to be the case for this film as well.

Also, I'm not fond of the Bruce/Rachel/Dent triangle.  I tend to like the 'Dent as friend of Bruce' from the animated series idea. 

But everything else looks solid.  Ledger is an amazing actor, and he completely disappears into this role.  It may not look like my ideal Joker aesthetic, but he looks like he's delivering the good.  :)

I think this looks absolutely fantatsic. I dont think I can get any more hyped than I already am. Seriously. I cant wait.

Quote from: greggbray on Sun,  4 May  2008, 17:03
My big problem with the Nolan films is that they tend to have (to quote friend) "dialogue as subtle as a jack hammer."  Sadly, it looks to be the case for this film as well.

well put.

Aside from my slight disagreement with how Bats is portrayed in general, that has been my singular complaint about Begins. So much of it is worn on the sleeves. Ultimately it is this element that keeps the film from getting any higher than a b+ from me.

Nevertheless DArk Knight should prove enjoyable.

In looking at the trailer again, I'm slightly less enthused.  I just viewed a few of the trailers back to back, and combined with the (IMO) lackluster prologue, I feel almost sad, now.  While this isn't a crime, such as Batman and Robin, it just feels as though it's going to be...bland.

I hope I'm wrong.  I mean, who has ever heard of a 'bland' Batman film?  That has never been a problem for Batman, no matter what incarnation we're discussing.

Quote from: greggbray on Tue,  6 May  2008, 02:06
  I mean, who has ever heard of a 'bland' Batman film?  That has never been a problem for Batman, no matter what incarnation we're discussing.

Actually, thats the term I ues to describe Begins.  :-\