Saw movie for the first time

Started by Vampfox, Mon, 3 Jun 2013, 07:04

Previous topic - Next topic
So yesterday I got around to watching Batman Returns all the way through in english. Now a few years back I saw it all the way through on the spanish channel.
Now when I watched it on the spanish channel I didn't understand what the characters were saying since I don't speak spanish though I was able to understand the story.

Seeing the movie in english was a great experience.

Michael Keaton did a great job as both Bruce and as Batman. The great thing about Michael Keaton is that he is able to act without needing to say a word. You can tell what he's thinking just by looking at his eyes.

Michelle Pfeiffer is amazing as Catwoman.

Danny DeVito was great as the Penguin. You can't help but feel a little sorry for him at first till the end when you find out what he plans on doing to all of the kids of Gotham.

And of course there's Christopher Walken as Max Shreck. As always Walken is great with playing villains.

Batman Returns is also a beautiful film to look at. Gotham city feels like a character as well.

This movie is not for everyone, and I can understand why it gets a lot of hate. Seeing this makes me wish that we had gotten a third Tim Burton Batman movie.

So it was your first real viewing of Batman Returns?

Any reason you hadn't watched it before?

Quote from: Paul (ral) on Mon,  3 Jun  2013, 12:54
Any reason you hadn't watched it before?
Just never worked out schedule wise plus for some reason Batman Returns doesn't seem to be on tv much.

The United States. Massachusetts.

Fri, 21 Jun 2013, 03:55 #5 Last Edit: Fri, 21 Jun 2013, 04:05 by JokerMeThis
I remember the first time I saw this movie. I saw it at home one night on television in 1997 when I was 15. I loved Batman '89 and Batman Forever (although I love that one less now) but had missed Batman Returns. Watching it was a very enjoyable movie experience for me. It's one of the most visually and musically beautiful films I've ever seen. It's Tim Burton's best movie as far as I'm concerned and I love some of his non-Batman movies too like Edward Scissorhands, The Nightmare Before Christmas and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I watched the beginning of Batman Returns a year earlier on television in 1996 but for some reason stopped probably after Batman saves Selina from the clown near the beginning of the movie. I liked what I had seen up to that point though.

And Michael Keaton is a great actor. I wish he got to play Batman in at least one more film. I have thought that his eyes say a lot without him having to say any words.

And I love Gotham City in the old movies, even the Schumacher ones. It's a unqiue city that looks and feels like it exists inside a comic book or in an alternate reality.