Akira (1988)

Started by HarryCanyon, Fri, 25 Jan 2013, 00:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Awesome and influential animated sci-fi action masterpiece that made anime more mainstream since it came out in 1989 here in the states and around the world as it was a hit in it's country and became one of the most acclaimed animated movies ever plus a cult classic plus it's based on a manga (aka Japanese comic). I loved it since i was 13 when i rented it from one of my city's video stores after hearing about it in movie books/magazines so i decided to rent it and it blew me away, i even got the criterion laserdisc for christmas that year and i got a VHS copy as well including collected some of the Marvel Epic version in backissues at my comic stores in my city and had a wallscroll with t-shirts.

I used to work in a video store and would take it home a lot. When the 2tape special edition came out I would set it out on the shelf so that everyone would notice it. It was always getting rented.

Did you ever noticed in the original dub that Keneda was voiced by the guy who played Leonardo the turtle? and ever read the manga?