What's wrong with this picture?

Started by Paul (ral), Fri, 25 Jan 2013, 11:42

Previous topic - Next topic

The clown baloon is so far off from the others?
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Fri, 25 Jan 2013, 19:28 #2 Last Edit: Fri, 25 Jan 2013, 19:30 by SilentEnigma
Quote from: Paul (ral) on Fri, 25 Jan  2013, 11:42
Anyone spot the blooper here?

Yeah, where is the final stage?

But is that supposed to be the same cluster of buildings surrounding the Cathedral? I dunno, it's kind of hard to say one way or the other. The Cathedral could be 'behind' the camera from that angle.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

A reader posted this possible explanation in the FB page. In short, yeah, the cathedral is "off camera", but it's the same matte.

QuoteGuys, coming from a person watching this movie since it existed on Betamax thru Blu Ray (have watched it like a thousand times LITERALLY if not more) and also being a B89 die hard fan to the bone, I could explain the following to you...If you pay close attention to the shot coming after the one when batman struggles to avoid crashing against the cathedral, you will notice the Batwing passes behind the cathedral, then comes another shot with Batman pulling a lever to retract the device and cut the wires, then the shot of the device retracting, then the shot when the cluster of balloons start to ascend, then the one in this picture. Remember that you gotta assume some seconds have passed and of course that means the Batwing must've changed from one position to another (remember, it's a plane and it goes really fast = longer distance run), namely, using this image as reference the cathedral should be logically positioned far right. Of course, I can suppose they erased the cathedral on purpose to use the same matte painting and not having to pay for a diff'rent or extra one. You know, that would've meant more money for only one shot. What can be really noticed is that when the balloons are cut off and start to ascend, they're all together and in this shot they're dispersed. Now, that was a really noticeable mistake. Nevertheless, I didn't notice such when I saw the movie in the theater back in '89. Greetings and my respects to all of you B89 fans following this FB profile and the website!! Greetings to you too, Paul!!