Tyger Tyger

Started by HarryCanyon, Fri, 18 Jan 2013, 23:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Who likes this episode? one of my favorite episodes on number 31 on my top 35 fave epsiodes.

A fun cocktail of Island of Dr. Moreau. Zombie Holocaust aka Dr. Butcher MD (Similar idea of a mad scientist doing hybrid experiments on an island and to steal something from a major city only difference is in the movie the Doctor makes human-zombie hybrid experiments than animal-human ones), Freaked (remember this hilarious sci-fi comedy with Randy Quaid and Alex Winter, Mr. T, Brooke Shields, Bobcat Gothweit as a literal sockhead mutant and more as it's the one with the mutant freaks and that mad scientist?), the Tiny Toons episode "Hare Raising Night" (Remember that episode with the mad scientist Dr. Gene Splicer?), Screamers (1979 aka Island of the Fish-man), Splice (2010 movie) and 1984's Osamu Tezuka anime cult fave Bagi The Monster of Mighty Nature.

Who thinks Dr. Dorain looks like young David Cronenberg without glasses? who else thought Tygrus was cool?

And any guys here thought Selina Kyle in mutant cat-chick form was strangly hot? i did, i remembered when i just turned 12 in June of 93 as it came out as a repeat on Fox on my birthday and i watched it with my bigger brother and a few of my friends before having my party, i did missed out on it the first time due to having an annual vacation in either fall or summer since 89 to Vegas and when Selina crept out of the shadows in the exhibit, i said "What the hell" as i was surprised including my pals and bigger brother who said "Whoa, she's a cat". Then after commercial break, when she did that seductive pose in the exhibit i said "MY GOD, SHE'S HOT! and she's nude too" as i wolf whistled at her, howled at her, my jaw was dropped during the entire episode as i was staring at her as i was fantasizing about her, my brother and friends say "Your nuts" and even teased me, LOL, that brings back memories. Of course Catwoman is my comic book dreamgirl and everyone has to admit she's hot no matter how she looks like in cartoons, movies, games, comics and video games for it doesn't matter if she's blonde/brunette on TAS, The Batman version, Brave and The Bold version, comic version (except for the ugly Year One version), Arkham City version, Michelle version, Julie version, Lee version, Ann version and even Tyger Tyger version, she's still a babe.

You have to admit mutated Selina is on par with the likes of other 80s/90s feline babes like Cleo from Heathcliff, Jenny on Bucky O'Hare, M'ress from Star Trek TAS, Callie from Swat Kats, Mirage on Aladdin, Felicia from Darkstalkers, Bagi from Bagi The Monster of Mighty Nature/Dr. Comet's art, Kitten Kaboodle from Talespin, Aishia Clan Clan from Outlaw Star, Kit Mambo from Animalympics, Pam and Polly the 2 witch cat sisters from that Eek The Cat episode and Cheetara with Pumraya on Thundercats.

If you look at the hairstyle and facial structure, Dr. Dorian bears an unmistakable resemblance to Dr. Pretorius from Bride of Frankenstein.

Hmm, your right, your possibly right.

Oh yes i forgot to mention this episode also reminds me of the 1957 low budget sci-fi mad scientists with freaks and John Carradine film that was shown on MST3K aka Mystery Science Theater 3000 called "The Unearthly", anyone seen that movie or the MST3K episode plus those movies i mentioned even Freaked with Alex Winter and Randy Quaid?

I'd love to see Randy Quaid's mad scientist redneck character Elijah C. Skuggs take on Dorain with Gene Splicer from Tiny Toons in a mutant making contest, i'm sure Skuggs would win as he's got Zygot-24 which is even more powerful than T99 as it can mutate anyone into any freak with the help of a computer then out of an ice-cream machine then apply the goo on someone then wallah instant freak of any kind from the computer request.

Anyone remember those hot sexy cartoon felines i mentioned especially Cleo on Heathcliff (Riff-Raff's girlfriend with the legs and legwarmers), Cheetara and Kit Mambo (the lioness)?