Joker's Favor

Started by HarryCanyon, Mon, 7 Jan 2013, 00:54

Previous topic - Next topic

One of my favorite episodes and that music in the episode is circusy with a bit of jazz-ragtime to it and it's Joker's debut episode plus the episode of the ever hot Harley.

If I remember correctly, this episode aired originally before Heart of Ice. I remember that this was the episode where I'd started to get an understanding of what BTAS was going to be like. There would be sort of whimsical episodes like this one but the hreat and menace brought on by the villain is completely real. This episode was where I began to realize all that. I went into BTAS expecting a really slick-looking but otherwise standard cartoon show of the late 80's/early 90's. This episode is what started making the darkness very real for me.

If it seems weird that this is what did it, bear in mind I was 11 when this episode first came on and kids are stupid.

Cool Colors, you and i were the same age when this show first aired.

Who else thought Charles Collins looks like Total Recall/Tales from The Crypt/Tango and Cash/Archnophobia actor Roy Brocksmith? i always thought so and he was that actor who played Doctor Edgmount on Total Recall 1990 and on a few Tales from The Crypt episodes.

Who else had a crush on Harley? i did when i was 11 besides Catwoman and Ivy

Here's a cool Fox Promo.

Quote from: HarryCanyon on Mon,  7 Jan  2013, 01:43Cool Colors, you and i were the same age when this show first aired.

Who else thought Charles Collins looks like Total Recall/Tales from The Crypt/Tango and Cash/Archnophobia actor Roy Brocksmith? i always thought so and he was that actor who played Doctor Edgmount on Total Recall 1990 and on a few Tales from The Crypt episodes.
Charlie was designed to resemble Alan Burnett, a showrunner/writer of the show.

But you gotta admit he does look like that actor.

You familar with Roy?

Quote from: HarryCanyon on Wed,  9 Jan  2013, 00:19But you gotta admit he does look like that actor.

You familar with Roy?
Can't say that I am because I'm not.

The whole sequence at the beginning with Charlie being stalked by the Joker is SO intense, highlighted and amplified oddly enough by that weird "farting" theme.

Joker's Favor was the Friday episode of the first week of BTAS. Oddly I remember the order of episodes from that first week and then it gets fuzzy after that. When I read that it was Mark Hamill as the Joker I about flipped.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Yes the score is very memorable in this episode no doubt.

Who else liked how the ending was quite funny when you thought it would blow up but turned out to be a dud.