Batman Forever:Tim Burton Edition Opinions

Started by BatmanFanatic93, Sat, 3 Nov 2012, 03:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi everyone,My name is chris and i'm a fan editor who's working on a batman forever recut where i'm trying to bring back the spirit of tim burton's batman back into batman forever and made this forum so you can tell me what you think about my cut and what you'd like to see happen. :D

Details For My Recut:

14 mins Of the known deleted scenes will in the cut

Clips from batman and returns will be added mainly for flashbacks and dialog (gonna try and make the joker come back  and torture bruce/batman more as reference to the un-made batman triumphant and just to show the joker still lives even in death)others just used for the batwing and bat-boat scenes

Gotham city will be toned down great mainly cause i'm a fan of a las vegas gotham

The secret window clips will be added for the riddler so he can be much darker

The colors will be tone down for a less colorful edit and the contrast will be upped slightly for more darkness but not too much to a point where you can't see anything along with a bluish light along the cut.

Elfman Music will be added from batman,batman returns,and sleepy hollow (not to bash on goldenthal score but his music is good but campy for my cut)

Alot of jim carrey moments will be cut to make his ridler darker such as spank me and lot of jokes to count

Two-Faces jokes,laughing,and dancing joker-esque shots are cut down (personally I like two-face in the original batman forever he's funny and awesome but remember trying to make a darker version of him and the film)

Fighting scenes are recutted for a faster pace and slightly intense scenes

Burton homage ending will be added as a tradition to the 89 and returns film

The 89 batmobile is back

-Other intentions for my cut-
(Still on the maybe side if should them add or not)

Okay this is one is a little hard for most people say that having the rooftop scene with chase and batman is pointless and does add to anything and i have to agree but if you look at from the old burton idea she was just meant to be for the side of bruce and catwoman for batman but whatever reason they never brought back catwoman back instead we have chase filling the loves for both bruce and batman also she makes a reference to catwoman as well so i should leave the rooftop scene in or out cause i wanna go by the original script but just alter it abit for more a burton feel.

Here's clip i done just show what i'm gonna give in this cut
You ether die a trilogy or live long enough to see yourself become batman & robin

Cool.

Welcome to the forums.  8)

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Make sure you edit out all scenes featuring GG. Or make overdubs etc. to cover the dialogue.

Thu, 6 Dec 2012, 01:57 #3 Last Edit: Thu, 6 Dec 2012, 02:10 by BatDan
Good idea and nice job. the music cues up quite nicely with most of the edit. Only untill the giant Bat shows up, the music drastically changed tempo and key. If you'd be bold enough to cut down the end of scene, the "giant bat" bit was just cheesy and poorly directed. perhaps make it more implied of what he sees, a quick glimpse of the Bat-puppet (where we see the back of it ) and then fade to black.

If only it be possible to replace Val Kilmer with Michael Keaton, than we'd be on to something!   ::)

Kilmer is so flat in this movie!