ral's blog - Batman does kill

Started by Paul (ral), Fri, 12 Sep 2008, 15:47

Previous topic - Next topic
Excellent post Colors.  I concur entirely.

Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I agree Colors. He's not really a hero. Probably closer to a psycho, which I dig!

Just reading this tagline from an unused B89 poster.

"In the not too distant future, laws will have no meaning, courts will have no power and justice will have no champion."

Sums up Batman and his universe for me. A universe that is pitch black, with little hope and out of control. Batman in turn *must* be pitch black in his response, "because nobody else can". Burton's Batman *must* take a lethal stand when criminality is pushed to excess without any punishment at all.

Batman is serious, no nonsense and doesn't play games. If you've got a job to do, you do it right. And quickly. For example, if a restaurant if filthy, infested and not making any money, you fire the chef, give it one hell of a clean and makeover - and relaunch the brand.

When Batman steps out, people aligned with evil (mostly everyone) are trying to kill him. You should not show these criminals any respect, for you will receive none. The whole eye for an eye rationale.

Batman is proactive. He's not Superman, who is more reactive. More often than not, situations call for immeditate action for pure safety, ala The Joker gassing the City with the balloons. And with African thugs who play for keeps, it's you or him.

And in all honesty, jail time, with bail and all that nonsense, is not fitting for these heinous crimes. Death is the only fitting punishment. Not for purse snatchers and that, though. But if the purse snatcher wants to wield a chain and samurai sword, that's a different story.

Proactive, good term, I like it! Kinda separates him a little more from the mold of the classic protector. Instead of waiting for something to happen, it's kinda like Batman wants something to happen because he's obsessed with fighting crime.

Quote from: Batmoney on Fri, 22 Oct  2010, 09:40
Proactive, good term, I like it! Kinda separates him a little more from the mold of the classic protector. Instead of waiting for something to happen, it's kinda like Batman wants something to happen because he's obsessed with fighting crime.
Batman is a detective, and a cynic. He knows something will happen. He?s always alert, collecting information to stop criminality before it gets out of control.

For example, if The Joker is planning to detonate a nuclear bomb in the City square, he just can?t learn about it with a few minutes to spare. If he lets his guard down, and lets his obsession slip an inch, that would be a reality.

He?s one man, not Superman who flies to the danger zone immediately. Batman has to stop the hijacking in the first place, before anything else can come of it.

yes he does
you ever dance with the devil on a pale moon light

I like how Batman isn't so serious in a late script once he confronts the Joker. He actually shares a few jokes with him, but more notably, instead of saying "I'm going to kill you," he says "I'm going to kick your ass."

^ Thankfully that was changed.

The only line that still has relevance is how Joker mentions how they're both killers, his reasoning being that Batman's a killer for keeping him alive. The people who think Batman was a bit quick to kill the Joker don't know the circumstances of if he didn't.

Ill just quote two blog comment I got:

"Cops kill. Soldiers kill. It doesnt make them evil or immoral for Christ sake, its just natural part of life and what comes with defending innocent and fighting criminals. Sometimes (and often) its impractical to arrest or to leave the enemy alive . The "no kill under any circumstances" kill is ridiculous and cartoonish and not what the real world is about"

"Batman should kill more. It would make alote of sense to kill say joker. It would save alote more lives in the long run"