Watched it recently...

Started by Grissom, Mon, 28 Mar 2011, 15:53

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey, watched Batman Returns this past Saturday night and must say it's indeed an excellent sequel to Batman '89. It's not very often that a movie and its sequel can hit such a high mark. One thing I'll mention, I have a bit more admiration for the Gotham City in Returns. I remember reading articles about how Burton wanted to change Gotham etc, but in behind the scenes of the film (SE dvd), it seems that alot of the people who worked on the production design also wanted to do something different with Gotham, wanted to make it more fascist etc.
I do still prefer Gotham from '89 but the design for Gotham in Returns was excellent, very detailed and beautiful with its dark seedy edges.

I think we are lucky that in two films Burton can give us two "different" Gothams, great stuff and once again excellent film. 9/10

Strongly agreed, it's an awesome sequel...

Indeed it is and after all these years it remains one of the best superhero movies ever.

I have a co-worker who doesn't like comic book films, but she likes the Dark Knight and Batman Returns.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Quote from: gordonblu on Thu, 31 Mar  2011, 19:40
I have a co-worker who doesn't like comic book films, but she likes the Dark Knight and Batman Returns.
Good taste, she has.

Quote from: gordonblu on Thu, 31 Mar  2011, 19:40
Understandable, as I wouldn't class either as "superhero" films. BR is a character study. TDK is a crime drama.

Bumping this bad boy

Watched it a week or so ago for the first time since Christmas Eve, and damn, it just gets better and better everytime I watch it, I'm actually listening to the soundtrack as I type, lol

And after the last few days, I watched Forever and B&R, both awesome films no matter what anyone says ;)  Anyway, I have decided to watch Returns again tonight, and really cannot wait ;D

It is easily the best comic film ever, and maybe even the greatest film ever, well this or Die Hard.

Quote from: Seantastic on Sat, 23 Apr  2011, 19:37
Bumping this bad boy

Watched it a week or so ago for the first time since Christmas Eve, and damn, it just gets better and better everytime I watch it, I'm actually listening to the soundtrack as I type, lol

And after the last few days, I watched Forever and B&R, both awesome films no matter what anyone says ;)  Anyway, I have decided to watch Returns again tonight, and really cannot wait ;D

It is easily the best comic film ever, and maybe even the greatest film ever, well this or Die Hard.
Sweet! Returns really does get better each and every repeat, as you become more and more attuned to its unique, twisted frequency...

You should do a running commentary for the film Smalley.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sat, 23 Apr  2011, 22:38
You should do a running commentary for the film Smalley.
Hmm, I do have an old microphone just laying around, so I just might...
= ) Thanks for giving me the idea, gobbs!