The Dark Knight Rises

Started by The Dark Knight, Wed, 27 Oct 2010, 14:45

Previous topic - Next topic
Thu, 28 Oct 2010, 21:11 #20 Last Edit: Thu, 28 Oct 2010, 21:15 by Batmaniak
Well, it?s a sequel to one of the most successful films, and the audience expects something that's at least equal or superior to the original. That's a huge burden for the filmmakers and, considering that, I wouldn't be surprised that the title is just a marketing trick. I think that they're trying to lower the expectations for the new film, so that the viewers would be more impressed when it comes out.

Henceforth, I shall be calling this film HAR. Not just as in "ha ha", but initialised for Hot Air Rises.

You know, I don't know if it's because I'm used to it, but I don't dislike the title as much as I used to.

When I first heard it I thought "Dark Victory" to myself.

I have since read that Dark Victory is Bales favourite storyline.

I have to admit that I'm not too thrilled with the new title either and am hoping it's just a working title versus being the final decision.  Personally I would have preferred something like 'Batman: Redemption' or just simply 'Redemption' given the way the 2nd film left off, but I suppose I'll get used to it. 

As far as villains go, I too was surprised to hear Riddler wouldn't be making an appearance.  Riddler always annoyed me but I thought Nolan and co. could make him work in the 3rd film.  I know absolutely nothing about The Black Mask so I can't really comment on that one.  As far as Catwoman goes, I'd rather see Talia Al Ghul make an appearance.  Nothing against Catowoman, but she always makes an appearance and I'd like to see a new live action villainess. 

I'm still holding out hope against hope that Penguin will make an appearance because I think they could really make him work in Nolan's "more realistic" setting as a fat mob boss who happens to have a deformed nose and likes tuxes and umbrellas.  It's not really that far fetched, imo.  Either way, Nolan has given us two great Batman films and I'm going to remain optimistic that he'll deliver in his third and final Bat-outing.