Just a side note...

Started by Grissom, Fri, 19 Mar 2010, 13:27

Previous topic - Next topic
Burton's Alice in Wonderland is on the verge of surpassing BATMAN '89 as  Burton's highest grossing domestic film (unadjusted for inflation). It's great to see that Burton can still bring box office gold. Congrats to him and I can't believe Batman stood up for so long as Burton's No. 1, although adjusted for inflation Batman would have made about 500 mil in today's dollars.

::)
Who cares? Batman wasn't in 3D, hense no reason to pay extra.

Quote from: Darrell Kaiser on Sat, 20 Mar  2010, 02:14
::)
Who cares? Batman wasn't in 3D, hense no reason to pay extra.

They could convert it couldn't they? Hmmm, now there is a petition in that!

Imagine BR in 3D.

All that snow dropping right in front of your eyes. The Penguin army's missiles going over the top of your head and so on.

Ral, get a petition ready.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 20 Mar  2010, 03:24
Imagine BR in 3D.

All that snow dropping right in front of your eyes. The Penguin army's missiles going over the top of your head and so on.

Ral, get a petition ready.

i would try to catch the ice princess. :-[

Batman could be an interesting project for 3d, stereoscopic 3d that is.

The opening of Batman Returns where the title unravels and the bats come flying out at the screen would look amazing in 3D. 

I could also imagine the scene in which the giant Christmas present opens and the Red Circus Triangle Gang jump out would look pretty cool in that format, and the moment when the Penguin bursts through the floor of Shreck's department store and the various party-goers are flung into the air.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Don't fuel the 3D fad! They should be going IMAX instead of 3D.

I agree with you Kaiser to the point where IMAX has the highest resolution right now (70mm), but wether we like it or not 3D seems to be really moving forward especially because of the stereoscopic technique used and actually developed for Avatar. I personally have never seen a 3D movie but there are currently more than 30 films lined up to be made in 3D so sooner or later i won't have a choice.