KEATON THE BEST

Started by mask, Sun, 27 Dec 2009, 14:21

Previous topic - Next topic
michael keaton is the true batman. he is depressed, moody, brooding, badass, bruce wayne is only the mask. you can witness his anger, his melancholy, the pain he has felt as a child. you can sympathize with him and feel every little sad emotional he has. all others, they just don;t know who batman trully is.
don't tell me that bale's wayne was good? he was always smiling, made stubid jokes(not as public wayne, but as private), he was not moody or depressed and you can not believe he witness his parents murder in front of his eyes and wants revenge and justice. oh!, i forgot bale does not want revenge, only justice. his batman was just a symbol, nothing else. a guy who just wore the batsuit and smashed faces. wow!not a detective, not moody, just ass kicking. that is not batman. nolan said:<if Bruce knew of Superman or even of comic books, then that?s a completely different decision that he?s making when he puts on a costume in an attempt to become a symbol> he is just a boy scout. he could be superman, not batman. batman,in the comics, knew that other heroes existed, so he did not want to just become a symbol. sure he wants justice, that other people do not feel the pain he felt, but deeply he wants payback. in every criminal he sees joe chill, in every crime he visualises that his parents are mugged or whatever. bale is just a symbol and when dent appeared in the dark knight he smiled that he could at last stop being batman. in 1 year. in 1 year and wanted out. batman has a mission and he would not stop until he dies in the suit. i would not even think about talking about kilmer or preetyboy martini george.
x

It's great to have you here Mask, and I apologise if your first language is not English, but do you think you could use a spell-check for your posts.  Paragraphs and capitals might also help too.

With respect to the substance of your argument, I like Keaton as Batman. For me, he is the most compelling and affecting of all the Batmans/Bruce Waynes so far.  However, I also like Bale's interpretation of the character, and still maintain that his version of the character was the closest to Bob Kane and Bill Finger's original vision of the seemingly carefree playboy/ physically imposing vigilante.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

As Paul J. Wares said in batman on film site: <Keaton made me believe he was Batman. He made me believe his parents were murdered when he was a kid, he made me believe he used his fortune to gather the resources he needed, he made me believe he was driven enough to train himself in body in mind to combat crime and he made me believe he was crazy enough to dress up as a Bat and take on the criminal element night after night in his quest for justice.

When an actor is good enough to do that, I couldn't give a damn about the size of his jaw or whether or not he is wearing a wig, or whether he was tall enough or young enough for the role. He made me believe he was Batman, something no other actor has done before or has done since. I felt for Keaton, every pained, sombre expression he had tugged at my heart, knowing the trauma his character had experienced. I related to Keaton because he was average height and build and because he looked like the everyman.

I've never understood the argument that his Bruce Wayne wasn't a socialite or wasn't charming. This is a character that is in such social standing that has a place card at the head table at Harvey Dent's introductory dinner as District Attorney. A man who is so well known that when Vicki Vale says; "Bruce Wayne's benefit, he'll be there right?" Allie Knox knows exactly whom she's talking about and doesn't bat an eyelid.

This is a Bruce Wayne that charms a smart sexy woman into his bed on their first date and then subsequently dismisses her attentions because they interfere with his plan. If that isn't the Bruce Wayne from the comics I don't know what is. Part of the problem is that most people don't recognise these points because they are not the main focus of the film, the Joker is. > as for the playboy act, bale was perfect.after all he was only that .we could say not the dark knight but the dark hunk. and about bob kane and bill finger batman used deadly force and was smoking a pipe. i did not see bale smoking or gun down anyone. and i am Greek so...
x

and mind the paragraphs, the capitals and the wrong spelling.just SEE the essense of what i am writing.
x

Quote from: mask on Sun, 27 Dec  2009, 15:26
and mind the paragraphs, the capitals and the wrong spelling.just SEE the essense of what i am writing.

Sure, and your last point made a very interesting case for Keaton, but a lack of paragraphs and capitals can sometimes make reading your posts quite difficult (irrespective of the spelling which is not really that important, and understandable if English is not your first language).
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

The bits that are mine you should really put in quotation marks  ;)
"Excuse me. You ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?"

Quote from: PJ on Mon, 28 Dec  2009, 20:57
The bits that are mine you should really put in quotation marks  ;)
Yes, give credit where credit is due.