Old Batman PC Games

Started by aldemist, Wed, 22 Jul 2009, 04:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Thanks For The Infos & For Visiting My Blog / Site, Silenig.

i really don't know if the scenario involving the Ice Princess on the 1992 Batman Returns [PC game] can be altered & Batman can rescue the Ice Princess or not but even if that's true that nothing we can do about the death of the Ice Princess, at least i still want to find some "evidences" on the game, particularly an evidence called "Penguin Tag" & some other "evidences" that i might miss early on the game.

anyway, thanks again & i hope i can upload some more infos later!

Also, it's been some years since I read a short article on the game featuring an interview by one of the game's designers from Spirit of Discovery - for some reason he said  that he hated the experience and they found hard to work the movie's "incoherent" plot into the format of an adventure game - and that the cutscenes were added as an afterthought to connect the "in-game" parts (hence the pretty poor quality of the artwork e.g. when the batmobile turns into batmissile etc).

IMO they did a pretty good job with the graphics and the music, as well as "capturing" the film's tone with the various locations and backgrounds (I particularly like the Penguin's HQ), but as a point & click adventure it always felt a little "flat" compared to the "real" thing of the day like Lucasart's or Sierra's adventures - this is the problem I always had with BR/PC. With those background graphics and nicely drawn in-game characters, it could be so much more - or even a killer action game like the SNES version.

i like the Batman Returns game for SNES. the graphic, sound & gameplay were nice & incredible for SNES engine. i only wish the programmer would add the Batskiboat stage, just like the Batman Returns for Sega CD.