Oswald means order!

Started by The Dark Knight, Fri, 16 Oct 2009, 10:40

Previous topic - Next topic
Fri, 16 Oct 2009, 10:40 Last Edit: Fri, 16 Oct 2009, 12:41 by The Dark Knight
Imagine Batman was never able to show Gotham City the real Oswald Cobblepot.

Cobblepot is elected in a landslide and assumes the role of Mayor.

What do you think his tenure would have consisted of?

A few quick ideas from me:

Batman blacklisted and universally despised by Gotham City.

Crime totally controlled - it would probably stop altogether to help with election promises and the eventual re-election campaign.

Good thread idea, no?

role model, dating, and one-night-stand standards in gotham city nosedive.

Quote from: Catwoman on Fri, 16 Oct  2009, 12:37

which makes me cringe to think about.

Quote from: Catwoman on Fri, 16 Oct  2009, 12:37
No doubt Oswald would have been living it up.

ug this is making me ill.

- A brand new spanking power plant in the heart of Gotham.
- Max Shreck to be given the Key to the city for his sterling charity work and contributions to humanitarianism.
- A multi-billion dollar campaign to end global warming and make Gotham a giant ice-box with Mr Freeze appointed Gotham's new environment czar.
- Crackdown on unauthorised vigilantes especially the murdering fugitive known as Batman.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sat, 17 Oct  2009, 00:09
- A brand new spanking power plant in the heart of Gotham.
- Max Shreck to be given the Key to the city for his sterling charity work and contributions to humanitarianism.
- A multi-billion dollar campaign to end global warming and make Gotham a giant ice-box with Mr Freeze appointed Gotham's new environment czar.
- Crackdown on unauthorised vigilantes especially the murdering fugitive known as Batman.
I love your suggestions. I'm confident all of that would and could have taken place.

Honestly?  Cobblepot wanted love and acceptance so badly that I think he would've tried to do the right thing most of the time and keep his dirty laundry to a minimum.  He still would use the Red Triangle gang (possibly to intimidate political rivals) and in general would've still be a despicable human being but I think being the mayor would've brought out the best in him.

As mayor, he probably would've ordered GCPD to bust Batman and Gordon would not have cooperated by means of bureaucratic resistance.

The public, brainwashed by Cobblepot's propaganda, probably would've been willing to lynch Batman on-sight.

Bottom line, Batman wasn't going to let Cobblepot become mayor.  He would've put a stop to it... one way or the other.

Sat, 17 Oct 2009, 10:09 #8 Last Edit: Sat, 17 Oct 2009, 10:31 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sat, 17 Oct  2009, 05:13
Bottom line, Batman wasn't going to let Cobblepot become mayor.  He would've put a stop to it... one way or the other.
Yep. If he somehow failed to unmask Oswald during his speech, Batman probably would have just flat out killed Penguin that night. Even if it meant further public backlash. Anyway, this thread is all about what Penguin would have done - or wanted done - if for some unknown reason he did assume the title of Mayor.