BATMAN (1989) TONIGHT ON THE BIG SCREEN!!!!

Started by Kamdan, Fri, 11 Sep 2009, 16:14

Previous topic - Next topic
Standing ovation...? This must have been the icing on the cake.

Great stuff  ;D

Cinema audiences over here in Ireland are fairly backward and don't clap when a movie ends.

The only time I saw it was the fly-over at the end of Superman Returns.

I'd definitely be cheering for Batman on the big screen.

THIS... on the big screen... and the music... How could someone NOT cheer???  ;D

Quote from: ral on Sat, 26 Sep  2009, 15:55
Cinema audiences over here in Ireland are fairly backward and don't clap when a movie ends.

The only time I saw it was the fly-over at the end of Superman Returns.

I'd definitely be cheering for Batman on the big screen.
That's the way it is where I live, which is in the U.S. I've never had an audience clap or cheer at my local theater. Well, actually there was some clapping at the end of Star Wars Episode III, which boggled my mind.

@The Dark Knight: I'm sooooooooo jealous, glad you had a great time seeing Batman on the big screen. I hope have that opportunity some day.
Sam Kinison is my God.

Excellent stuff, The Dark Knight! I forgot to mention that my audience clapped at the end of the movie. I got another question for you. Was it just me or did The Joker's suit look more blue to you?

Sun, 27 Sep 2009, 07:31 #45 Last Edit: Sun, 27 Sep 2009, 13:19 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: Darrell Kaiser on Sun, 27 Sep  2009, 02:08
Was it just me or did The Joker's suit look more blue to you?
Now that you mention it, it sort of did.

Has anyone here seen Returns on the big screen? If so, what was that like?

I saw Returns as a Burton retrospective a couple of years back.  It probably wasn't the same as your experience Dark Knight since it was at the British Film Institute and the audience was mainly comprised of the 'art house' crowd (i.e. generally more subdued than a typical movie audience).  So, to be honest the experience didn't really replicate what it would have been like to see the film on the big screen in 1992.  Still, it was a great opportunity to see the film in the best forum and format possible.  The audience were obviously already fans of the film and were evidently enjoying themselves (although there were no cheers/ clapping at the end unfortunately  :().  It was also gratifying to see how many laughs the film garnered since I've always considered Returns to be a black comedy of sorts (although obviously it's still very much a great action-orientated 'Batman' film too).

Incidentally, I think I've only been to one film in which the audience clapped/ cheered at the end.  I'm trying to recall what it was, and I think it may have been Superman Returns at the IMAX cinema or the recent King Kong, which is interesting since both films were considered to have underperformed at the box-office.

Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Thanks for the reply.

The time did finally roll around for me to see Batman (1989), so I hope I get to see Returns, my favourite Batman film, one day. And when it does, I will savour it that much more.