Omni Music Publishing Releases Danny Elfman's Batman In Full Score!!!!!

Started by THE BAT-MAN, Sat, 15 Feb 2014, 03:44

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey Everyone,

Omni Music Publishing is selling Danny Elfman's Full Orchestral Score to BATMAN in engraved book form.  Last week they sold out by selling 100 copies in a single night.  However,  due to popular demand they have released a second printing.  I have ordered mine.  Although this release is not limited.  I strongly recommend getting a copy before it goes out of print. 

here are the details

http://www.omnimusicpublishing.com/

Is anyone interested or excited about this release?

Another classic from Elfman! This score has been expertly engraved and handsomely bound. Contents include all 51 music cues from the film, several of which were written but never included in the final cut. Also included are a contents page, instrumentation list, and an exclusive interview with the composer about different aspects of this particular film-scoring process. A new feature is a short description along the top staff of key moments in the scene, which details how the music captures the drama of the film.

ยป364 pages. 9x12 inches. Paperbound, printed in U.S.A.

1. Titles
2. Family/1st Bat
3. Roof Fight
4. Jack Vs. Ekhardt
5. Up Building
6. Card Snap
7. Batzone
8. Axis Setup
9. Shootout
10. Kitchen Transition
11. Kitchen Dinner
12. Surgery
13. Stair Kiss
14. Faceoff
15. Beddy Bye
16. Morning After
17. Board Meeting
18. Roasted Dude
19. Vicki Spies
20. Clown Attack
21. Bruce Contemplates/Photos
22. Men At Work
23. T.V. News Theme
24. Joker's Commercial
25. Paper Spin
26. Alicia's Mask 27. Vicki Gets A Gift
28. Alicia's Unmasking
29. Resuce
30. Batmobile Chase
31. Street Fight
32. Vicki Hides Film
33. Descent Into Mystery
34. Batcave
35. Paper Throw
36. The Truth
37. Joker's Poem
38. Sad Pictures
39. "...Or Their Sons"
40. Challenge/Dream
41. Tender Batcave
42. Batsuit/Charge Of The Batmobile
43. Joker Flies To Gotham
44. Batwing I
45. Batwing II
46. Cathedral Chase
47. Waltz
48. Showdown I
49. Showdown II
50. Finale
51. End Credits

I checked the link when it first came up.  It's pretty exciting THE BAT-MAN but unfortunately I don't have the cash for that type of purchase.  I read music too so this would have been a great purchase for me.

Are you buying this THE BAT-MAN?
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Mon, 17 Feb  2014, 01:38
I checked the link when it first came up.  It's pretty exciting THE BAT-MAN but unfortunately I don't have the cash for that type of purchase.  I read music too so this would have been a great purchase for me.

Are you buying this THE BAT-MAN?

I have ordered a copy and can't wait for it to arrive.  This is truly hands down, the best batman related purchase of my entire life. 

so this is like danny's sheet music he used to make the movie? wow.

does any one know if the parts he wrote but didn't put in the movie were ever done like later? if only on a piano or something like that? kitten is curious

Quote from: Catwoman on Mon, 17 Feb  2014, 19:46

does any one know if the parts he wrote but didn't put in the movie were ever done like later? if only on a piano or something like that? kitten is curious

There are some cues that Elfman recorded himself that never made it in the final film.

Examples:

Wacky Worktape

Batwing Idea Worktape

Wild Theme Worktape

Waltz With Weird Unused Ending Worktape

Waltz Music Box Worktape

Axis Worktape

Herrmann esque Thing

Unused Early Title Idea

Jokers Commercial

And then there are some cues that were recorded with a live orchestra that never made it in the final film.

Examples

Joker Flies To Gotham

Joker's Muzak (unused)

Batman To The Rescue Original Ending

Main Title (Alt 1)

Main Title (Alt 2)

You're Welcome.

This is pretty awesome, but I'm very satsified with my LA LA Land Records Archival collection version of the score.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.